WTB: rear windshield for honda civic sedan, bronze glass

buy / sell exterior's stuff, e.g: headlamp, foglamp, bumper, spoiler, emblem, stickers, etc..
mitsubishiv5
GC Noob
GC Noob

WTB: rear windshield for honda civic sedan, bronze glass

Post by mitsubishiv5 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:22 am

Im looking for the rear windshield in bronze colored hatch oem.

give me a price, and shipping. willing to pay if you can get it. Also interested in the front glass in bronze too :oops:

remember its for the four door. Im sure 1988-1991 sedan fits. I have a 1991 sedan

EF_U
GC Lover
GC Lover
Location: Tempoe doeloe JKT, currently -> Los Angeles, CA, USA

Re: WTB: rear windshield for honda civic sedan, bronze glass

Post by EF_U » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:58 am

Why dont you get bronze tint or light bronze tinted?

I mean Im tryin to save ur money, but if you want to stick everything original I guess that diff story.

Just my .02
'91 Civic hatch - 80% modified
'97 Lexus LX450 - Extremely mod's
'03 Rav4 - HKS exhaust, HID 3K Fog, 6K Low Beam, TTE window visor, H&R spring & Koni Ylw
'09 Rover- Plannin to purchase HSE model with Strut package

"If it was easy, everybody would be doing it".

mitsubishiv5
GC Noob
GC Noob

Post by mitsubishiv5 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 am

ive heard about the tint. Can you post me some photos?

EF_U
GC Lover
GC Lover

Post by EF_U » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:26 am

Im sorry unfortunately I dont the pics/ photo available that to show you.Even thou I have the pic to post and show it to you, it just wont be great effect for you to see thru this internet thing.

I have 5 cars, all of my cars always had tinted windows.. you named from cheap tint (Johnsons film) to ridiculous $$$ expensive Quantum tinted.

The closest tint to get same result as JDM original window glass is the lightest bronze tint.It 'prolly cost you somewhere around $30-$60buks to tint the whole rear window (Its big window, more tint material to use compare to your 4 doors window or the rear quarter window).

Trust me bro, Im not gonna lie and Im not making these up get the lightest bronze tint (I mean if you cant get the original JDM rear window)

Also cost to ship big glass from overseas to States, it just too much.If I were you I rather save those shipping money to spend on sumthin else..

Well anyway, Im just giving you some suggestion bro.. Good luck thou...
'03 Rav4 - HKS exhaust, HID 3K Fog, 6K Low Beam, TTE window visor, H&R spring & Koni Ylw

mitsubishiv5
GC Noob
GC Noob

Post by mitsubishiv5 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:42 am

ahh, sounds good. im actually looking for the mirror effect on the bronze glass. like a brown reflection, like ive seen the other sedans on here. Kind of like the lexus rx model. how do i get that effect?

EF_U
GC Lover
GC Lover

Post by EF_U » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:55 am

Now I know exactly what you want.. :D

If you want those brown reflection like the lexus cars or mercedes S-Class.. YES U CAN!

You need to tint your window twice, yup i said 2x,

You want exactly like lexus RX OEM window? easy bro.. tint your window or glass with lightest bronze tint first, after that let it dry you can use heat gun or ladies hair drier LOLs to make it quick dry...

Second, you need to tint it again with Quantum tinte S-22 (Quantum is like mirror reflection) not those 100% mirror tint.. those are fawkin cheap ass crazy tint..and also those 100% mirror tinted are illegal, you can get pull over driving with those tint in the middle of day light... when the sun hit those mirror hit, it bounce and hit other driver it can cause an accident..

So again, thats gonna be 2 layer of tinted in each window.. first - get the lightest bronze tint, then tint on top of it with Quantum S-22 (lightest reflection mirror effect)

mitsubishiv5
GC Noob
GC Noob

Post by mitsubishiv5 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:06 am

so even with bronze glass i still have to tint it bronze? i have the 4 doors of my sedan already bronze from japan. do i still need to tint those brown to get it to reflect bronze? or can i straight up install a reflective tint ontop of the glass and still get it? is there a dyi of the glass on this website?

EF_U
GC Lover
GC Lover

Post by EF_U » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:41 am

If I were you, I'd some experience first,...

I'd tint your rear window (windshield) with lightest bronze first.. just to match with your side 4 doors windowS..
Fawkedd also I were you, I'll tint the front windshield too yea the front windshield with lightest bronze tint.. copS wont notice it as long as it light tint.

I tinted all my 5 cars front windshield with the lightest tint -mostly quantum tinted in the front windshield.. Quantum tinted is like very light mirror reflection so really hard to tell if you drivin by and look from the outside.. unless you look really close to it.

Back to your subject, so yeah if I were you just tint the rear windshield first with lightest bronze tint and match it with 4 side doors.. then from there you compare if all the same tinted..If you happy with the result, and want to get the mirror reflection like the lexus RX? now you tinted them again with lightest quantum S-22 around., now you'll get the Lexus RX glass in your civic... LOLz... or one of the kind bronze mirror reflection :D

mitsubishiv5
GC Noob
GC Noob

Post by mitsubishiv5 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:28 pm

thanks alot for the help. ill do that

btw what is the name of the bronze tint?

EF_U
GC Lover
GC Lover

Post by EF_U » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:16 am

I cant recall, I just dont remember the code or the model number those bronze tint.
If you go to any tint place or you know somebody just mention you want the lightest bronze tint.

The light bronze tint basically same as the other black tint, you want the lightest bronze and NOTthe dark 5% bronze or medium 35% bronze.

All you want is 50% lightest bronze, just mention the lightest bronze tint you'd be safe.You want to get same exact match with your side door JDM bronze.

BTW, Off the topic. Do you know anybody interested or maybe you know somebody interested in buying my Magnecor spark plug wires set? I've got brand new Magnecor wires set, last year I purchased 2 of these extra wires set now I endup I cant use after i swapped the motor.1 wires I sold them with the stock motor in it.. now I still got these 1 extra wires set brand new in my garage.

The Magnecor wires are for stock D15 EF, CRX and DelSol
Asking price $80 buks or OBO resonable price.

Lemme know if anybody you know might be interested.. Mucho thanks :)
I can accept PAYPAL and ship them by Postal with tracking # provide or if you guys dont mind drivin, im okay im in LA near (Arcadia- Pasadena area)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.